Boost For Our Heroes
Boost for our Heroes is a financial assistance and education program that benefits military members and their families. This program provides a variety of workshops, outreach efforts, and one-on-one consultations to help men and women experiencing a financial hardship become financially stable.
Educational programs focus on seven main topics: development of a savings plan, fundamentals of buying a house and car, mastering the military transition, workplace readiness, understanding and utilizing credit and debt management.
Obstacles currently faced by our military personnel
Because of these obstacles, the Boost for our Heroes program also provides a quarterly award of $3,000 to a military member or military family. Each quarter, an impartial panel selects one recipient based on financial hardship and subsequently works with the recipient to develop an integrated financial plan. To date the SDFLC has given $42,000 to fourteen families since 2014. You can view videos of our recent award winners on our YouTube Channel.
So, if you are living paycheck-to-paycheck, facing high amounts of credit card debt, unable to make your rent or mortgage payment, or have faced any other financial crisis, we are here to help! By working closely with our military partners in the San Diego community, we are determined to make an impact on those that give so much each day.
First quarter application is now closed. Winner will be announced soon!
2017 was a monumental year for our Boost for Our Heroes program here at the SDFLC. This study will summarize findings and provide analysis for the period between January 2016 and November 2017. We will also discuss methodologies and showcase opportunities to further improvement of financial capability among our service members and their families. Please take a moment to read it and let us know what you think.
• 2018 1st Quarter Boost fro Our Heroes award presentation and Education Series Luncheon will be on March 23rd the topic of the event will be Pathways to Employment. Don’t miss out and register for the free event here.
• 4th Annual Boost For Our Heroes Golf Classic presented by Penfed was August 21, 2017 at The Country Club of Rancho Bernardo. Click here for photos and video of the event.
• 2017 3rd Quarter Education Luncheon was on September 29th and the topic will be “Financial Planning: Your Money and You.” Facebook live stream here.
• 2017 2nd Quarter Education Luncheon was on June 30th and the topic was “The Future of Banking.” Facebook live stream here.
• 2017 1st Quarter Education Luncheon was on March 31st and the topic was “Day in the Life of a Military Spouse.” Click here for the full event video.
Presentation totals for 2017:
• 115 Seminars and Events
• 3731 Attendees
What to look for in the first quarter of 2018:
• 1st Quarter Boost for Our Heroes Award Presentation
• Participation in the Lincoln Military Housing dinner and a class series
Photos From 2017:
• Fleet and Family FUNancial Festival
• Lincoln Military Housing: Dinner and a Class
• Sugar Bear Foundation Kansas City Barbaque